Continue your studies in USA, Good news! The Horatio Alger Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step-by-step application process.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for American students. This scholarship provides $25,000. It is awarded to 106 candidates wishing to enter a university in the United States.
As one of the nation’s largest college financial aid programs, the Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the nation’s leading scholarship programs specifically helping high school students who have faced and overcome major obstacles in their youth. The scholarships are funded by Horatio Alger Fellows who, like the Fellows, have faced challenges but eventually overcome them to become successful business and civic leaders.
The National Scholarship is awarded to deserving students in all fifty states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. National Scholars receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, DC during the spring of their senior year to attend the National Scholars Conference. Recipients must attend the National Conference of Scholars to receive the award.
Horatio Alger Scholarship applications will open on August 1 and close on October 25. The Horatio Alger Scholarship Application is a Common Application, meaning you apply and you will be considered for various scholarship programs offered by the Association. To be considered, your application and all required materials must be uploaded to your online application by 5:00 p.m. m October 25 Eastern Time.
Level of Study: Bachelor’s Degree
Institution(s): American School
Study: United States
Closing date: March 15, 2023
The Horatio Alger Scholarship provides the recipient with:
Award $25,000 to 106 students for four years of undergraduate study at any university in the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for Horatio Alger Scholarship
To be eligible for the Horatio Alger Scholarship, the candidate must meet all the requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Country: United States
- Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States; Must make normal progress toward graduation in spring/summer 2020 and plan to enter a university in the United States after graduation.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited public or private nonprofit institution in the United States (students may begin their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Demonstrate severe financial need (need-adjusted gross household income of $55,000 or less).
- Participate in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Show integrity and perseverance to overcome adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Become a US citizen
How to Apply for Horatio Alger Scholarship?
Follow the instructions below to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship:
Apply online Official Website